Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekly E-mail Updates - Sent out Saturday, 9-28-13

Big happenings with East Somerville By Design coming up this week.  A three day public design session starts on Monday, September 30th.  Please click here for more information.  You can also click here for even more information.  It all takes place right here in Ward 1 - the team from the City will set up camp for 3 days in the store front located at 122-124 Broadway.  This is your chance to have your voice be heard.

--

Lots of hydrant flushing happening in the Ward - click here for more details.

--

Check out what is happening with the Somerville Arts Council by clicking here or you can visit there website by clicking here.

--

Though the latest fire in Somerville is not believed to be suspicious please know that the appropriate officials are still investigating and please follow the arson prevention and fire safety tips listed here - just click.

--

Remember all Board of Aldermen meetings are listed on the City web site as well as agenda and minutes - just click here.

--

Thanks to everyone who exercised their right to vote this past Tuesday during the Primary Election.  Unfortunately I did not make it to the November Election.  As you already know I LOVE WARD 1 and I will continue to serve you as your Alderman until the new Alderman will be sworn in the first week in January of 2014.  I will represent this Ward as if the job were mine again next year.  You can click here for the unofficial election results.

The field is now narrowed down to 2 men and I will be throwing my support behind Matt McLaughlin.  Matt is a young, intelligent, energetic individual who has been involved in Somerville for many years.  He is a Iraq war veteran and co-founder of "Save our Somerville."  I am looking forward to working with Matt these next couple of months helping him to get elected and I hope you will do the same.  If you click here it will bring you to Matt's Facebook page and if you click here it will bring you to his web page. 

- - -

Something I forgot - sent out Sunday 9-29-13

I failed to mention that a ring was found at Ward 1's - Precinct 3 polling place - the Reilly-Brickley Fire Station on Broadway.  If you lost a ring please contact me or officer Nick Stiles.  It's a beautiful ring and I would love to find its owner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment