Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Updates

I have not received word yet if the City-Wide Democratic Caucus is still on for tomorrow night or not.  As soon as I find out I will make a post.

- - - - -
I'd like to thank the McCollem girls for helping clear out the fire hydrant on Franklin Street yesterday.  

A friend of mine said yesterday, "Shoveling after snowstorms is always a great way to re-meet your neighbors." and my reply was, "I couldn't agree more."  It was great meeting some of my new neighbors and re-meeting others.  It was great seeing everyone help each other and boy did I get some exercise.  

- - - - - 


*The Somerville Public Schools will remain CLOSED tomorrow, Monday the 11th.
*The Snow Emergency will remain in effect until tomorrow, Monday the 11th at 6PM.

*Vehicles parked in municipal lots will have until 8pm to leave the lots so that City crews may begin cleanup of all school and metered parking lots.

*Please remember that residents and businesses MUST shovel the sidewalks in front of their property within 6 hours after the end of a storm or will be subject to fines. Shoveling snow into the street is not permitted

*Please please please remember to clear vents in your home and exhaust pipes on cars to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and fire hazards.

*Please assist the Somerville Fire Dept. by clearing paths to fire hydrants in your neighborhood.

*The DPW has been working very hard at clearing the streets and schools.
 *If your street has not been plowed please call 311 or feel free to give me a call.
 
*Though the State has lifted the driving ban as of 4PM yesterday afternoon they are encouraging people to stay off the roads so the State and Cities can continue with their clean up efforts.

*If you have an emergency please call 911.  If it is a non emergency issue please call 311.

*Please please please take the time to check on your Elderly neighbors and perhaps assist them with shoveling.

*The MBTA is hoping to resume LIMITED subway and bus routes around 2PM this afternoon.  They are  hoping to resume regularly scheduled service tomorrow.

*Again, if you are venturing out please please please be careful.

- - - - -

On Monday, February25th from 6:30 - 7:30 at the Somerville Community Center located at 165 Broadway (corner of Broadway & Cross Street East) I will be hosting a 2nd Neighborhood Meeting regarding the new development scheduled for 625 McGrath Highway (Highland Auto Parts.)  Representatives from the Developers and their attorney will be present as well as a representative from the City's Planning Department.

- - - - -

It has been brought to my attention that the contact information I shared for Benjamin Echevarria the person that the School Committee appointed to fill the vacant position is incorrect.   Unfortunately,  after my initial conversation with Ben he has not gotten back to me with the correct information.   It is also to my understanding that Ben has not been officially sworn in.  It disappoints me so that Ward 1 is going without a School Committee Representative for so long now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment