Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2013

The British are Coming....The British are coming....

Patriot's Day Celebration

When:  Monday, April 15, 2013

Where:  Foss Park, Fellsway West & Broadway
             10:00 - 11:30 am / rain or shine


Come to Colonial Fair and play games 
Bring family and friends 
Complete a “Colonial Passport” 
Greet Paul Revere –and his horse! 
Interact with period-dressed figures 
Enjoy period refreshments and music by the 
   SHS Band 

You are encouraged to join us in Colonial Clothing! For ideas and more information, 
contact Historic Somerville at www.info@historicsomerville.org or the Somerville 
Historic Preservation Commission via Brandon Wilson at bwilson@somervillema.gov 
or 617-625-6600 ext. 2532 or Casey McNeill at cmcneill@somervillema.gov. 

- - - - -

Growing up I always boasted to anyone who would listen that the Paul Revere Park located right at the fork in the road on Broadway & Main Streets was the smallest National Park in the United States.  To this day when I have friends visiting from out of state I always include this small park in my grand tour of Somerville.  Yes!  I do give my out of town guests  tours of Somerville - after all we are so rich in history.   Actually, I find it or should I say I find their reactions to my tours to be pretty amusing because usually they "had no idea" and are usually always "impressed & amazed."  But I've always been impressed with Somerville and our history and well - I'm not letting them know it's not considered the smallest National Park.........wink.  

If you follow this link and this link you will find some pretty "impressive & amazing" historical facts about Paul Revere Park and Somerville.  

No comments:

Post a Comment